Saturday 15 October 2016

Sunday 16th

Hi all,
have managed to get through this week with all it's drama and had a few laughs along the way. 

What wonderful classes I have had this week - everyone is so nice and it is soooo relaxing with us all doing such lovely cards. It is great to have new people along and I do hope that you enjoyed it and come again. 

I spent an evening with a good friend and we played with the new MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) - you know when you stamp a stamp and only part of it turns out right - it is soooo frustrating, well now with the MISTI you are able to put your card stock on the misti base, place your un-inked stamp where you want it, close the misti (which will pick up the stamp), open the misti, ink your stamp, close the misti and Wha La you have stamped your stamp exactly where you want it - but oh no - only part of it stamped clearly - no problem, just leave everything where it is, re-ink your stamp and re-stamp it!! because it is attached to the misti it will re-stamp EXACTLY where the first one was - Yeh a perfect stamp!!  NOW do you have those stamps that either have several parts to them that overlay each other, or a flower head as one stamp the stem as another stamp and the leaves as yet another stamp - I find it difficult to stamp them all so that they look connected, or so they look great overlayed. With the misti it is soooo easy - once again you put the first stamp on and stamp it, leave your card stock where it is, place the 2nd layer and repeat with the misti, then other layers. it works really well. Oh just in case you are wondering NO I do NOT sell the misti, I am just giving you MY thoughts on it.
the two roses and the leaves were done using the misti. I have to admit that this is the first time I had used this stamp set as I can NEVER line up the layers right by hand. the flower has 3 layers and so does the leaf. I was impressed as the 3rd leaf stamp is so tiny but makes such a difference to the finished product. (yes the stamp set comes with the dies to cut the flower and leaf).

The parcels of cards and tags that I send to Rae are being received with great excitement. She has now received the last parcel that I sent - it does take several weeks to reach her, however there is much pleasure from the recipients when the parcels arrive.  I am now continuing to gather for the next one to sent. 

On the 29th October Flo and I are off to Wellington to teach Design Space to a group of ladies who have bought the new Cricut machine. 

Card classes here in November are on Tue 8th - Wed 9th - Thur 10th - and Sat 12th. If you are interested in coming along to any of these classes just give me a call (3533880, or email: madgeb@xtra.co.nz) love to have you along.

Then on 21st November Flo Joycelyn and I are off to Sydney for some inspiration, new ideas and well yes I guess some shopping.

Then December will be upon us!! whatever happened to 2016 - it seems to have gone soooo fast.

Well I am off to prepare for some more classes so will come back on my blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment